Pages

Monday 18 September 2017

Hurricane

The wind howled menacingly like a wolf at the full moon. Lightning licked across the evil sky: a serpent’s tongue tormenting the clouds. The Earth began to shatter.

There I was in a uber stuck in traffic. As I sat there in boredom I had a strange feeling that something was about to happened. That feeling grew and grew. I saw a man sprinting leaving blood marks on the road carrying his daughter.
“RUN, RUN!.” I sat in the uber shaking as my palms start to sweat. Then I felt its appearance.

I turn around and the rough wind smashes the back window. The glasses dashed across my face cutting my skin. Blood ran down my face. Everything was so blurry. I blink more than five times and my vision gets better. Everyone evacuated their cars and ran for help. As I turn around to tell the uber driver to drive he wasn’t there.  He panicked and followed the mob that bolted for help. The roads started to flood so I ran before I got trapped in the car. I saw a empty building and ran inside. I peeked outside the broken window and spectated the action. Tears rolled down my face, my eyes started to puff and my nose went red as a tomato. The wind was so strong it threw many people across the road. I pulled out my phone and rang for help. A kind gentleman picked up the phone.
“Hello.”
“Hello please send help please i’m hurt,”I screeched.
The howling wind cut through my words as I spoke so he did not understand a word I said. Seconds after trying to ask for help my phone slips out of my hand and drops into the flood. I quickly picked it up and and tried to get it to run but nothing worked. My phone was officially broken. The water started to fill the the house. The water rises and rises. It was past my hips.

I made a risky choice. I swam as fast as I could searching for help and abandoned houses. As I search and search I saw a Jet ski and a man observing for people to rescue. I howled for help.
“HELP, HELP!.” The man could not hear me instead he viewed another family that needed help so he starts the motor and races to them. I had no chance of getting help. As I swam I cut my leg on a sharp glass. My leg started to bleed, it started to get infected from the polluted water and the cut was pretty deep. I swam and swam searching for something that could stop the blood but I could not spot anything. My hands started to worn out.

Until I spotted a boat. I sprint towards it threw the water. I finally get to the boat on hopped on. I paddle my way threw the polluted water as blood ran down my leg. I had nothing that could stop the blood from coming out. I thought to myself I’m gonna die. Tears rolled down my face, my eyes started to puff. I wiped the tears away and kept on paddling. As I paddle I start to get dizzy. I start seeing black. My lights go out.

“Am I dead.” I start to see lights while I lie in a comfortable bed.
Two doctors on the side “Stay with us, keep your eyes open please.”
“Do you have a name,” they kindly asked.
I replied with, “Rebecca is my name.” I finally reach a room. My lights go out again. Hours after I wake up feeling healthy and better as always. I pull the sheet off and stared at my leg. It was all stitched up and secured. The doctor walked in and explains everything and why i’m here. A rescue team spotted me blacked out in a boat. He said I had little bits of glass stuck in my leg and it got infected from swimming in the polluted water. If he did not take them out quickly and cleaned it he would of had to amputate my leg.

I am very thankful for this doctor. Without his hard work I would of been dead. The doctor stuck his hand out and went for a firm handshake but I ignored it and went in for a hug. I looked outside to see the terrifying hurricane had stop but it was still flooded. I had a smile on my face but not that huge. I was just happy that hurricane had stop. From the building I saw people evacuating their houses and Jet ski with people on their going past. I would of went and helped but I had to rest my leg doctors orders. As I see people getting rescued my smile grew and grew. I was satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment