Pages

Friday 24 June 2016

The collapsing bridge

WALT: Write a narrative

It was a stunningly beautiful day as the sun was going down I was playing on the park. While I was swinging on the swing I get a phone call from my parents telling me to come home for dinner so I jogged my way home trying to get fit before we leave to sports camp.                                                                                      
I got exhausted once I got to the bridge so I stopped to catch my breath. As I tried to catch my breath I could hear a squeaky sound coming from the bridge and that's when I noticed that the bridge was not stabled and it was going to collapse. I carefully tried to tip toe my way off the bridge but suddenly, SNAP! the bridge collapse. I was terrified. As part of pieces falling 20 meters down into the clear blue water filled with rocks. I was holding onto a piece that was screwed into the concrete hoping that it will not brake as I tried to figure out a way to get out of this situation. I screamed out loudly “HELP!” but nobody hear me. My biceps started getting painful as I was holding on to that one piece.  


I finally came up with an idea to climb on the wall like it was rock climbing until I reached the top. I climbed and climbed and finally I reached the top I quickly lifted myself up onto the dirty concrete and jumped for joy and screaming loudly “YES I DID IT!”.        

I sprinted home as if there was 100 dogs chasing me. I finally made it home I was staunchly happy to be home. I had a shower, ate dinner and then jumped onto the couch and layed on it trying to look for a movie to watch as I was trying to forget about what just happen. I finally found one but it was about a climber who nearly died. I was so angry that I turned off the t.v and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment